The theme of Women’s History Month is “Honoring Trailblazing Women in Business and Labor.” Countless women, like the founders of the 26 National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) inter/national sororities, have faced what might seem like insurmountable challenges. In sports, consider the benefits of athletics and the obstacles women face. We’d like to honor them too. Their stories also feature unceasing determination, breaking glass ceilings, realizing success and continuously blazing trails.
Please take time to read about them:
- Erin Andrews, Zeta Tau Alpha, Fox Sports™ reporter
- Lin Dunn, Chi Omega, University of Kentucky Women's Basketball assistant coach, Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame member
- Mary Ellen Gillespie, Alpha Phi, director of athletics, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
- Charlotte Jones Anderson, Kappa Kappa Gamma, executive vice president/chief brand officer, Dallas Cowboys
- Condoleezza Rice, Alpha Chi Omega, former U.S. secretary of state, member of the College Football Playoff selection committee
NPC salutes and celebrates all women who are “trailblazers” during the month of March and beyond! Learn about more history-making sorority women on the #Iwearabadge Pinterest board.
Donna C. King