Monday, October 19, 2015

Meet the Executive Committee: Carole Jones, Vice Chairman 2015-17


Carole Jones is the 2015-17 NPC Executive Committee vice chairman.


About Carole: Carole is from Madison, Ala., and grew up with her sister Janet. She received her bachelor’s degree in communication from the University of Alabama, where she majored in journalism with the goal of becoming a writer for a newspaper. Carole is a member of Alpha Omicron Pi and has served as its international president, international rush chairman and on the executive board. She has also served as the Huntsville Symphony Orchestra Guild president and Huntsville Museum of Art Foundation Board president.

What do you enjoy most about working for NPC? The special relationships I have developed with interfraternal sisters who span several generations and geographical locations. Some of my dearest friendships are with those I have worked with in NPC.

What is something you do every day? Every day I lift, tone and burn at Pure Barre. This is an exercise program that gets me away from my desk, or I would sit there all day, every day.

What's your biggest pet peeve? My biggest pet peeve is people who don’t listen. You have to listen to learn. Sometimes it is difficult to listen to people who don’t agree with you or share your viewpoint, but if we are open to suggestions, we can all benefit.

What have you gained by being a member of a sorority? My sorority membership feeds me with challenges, opportunities and dear friends. It greatly broadens my world. As AOIIs we are taught that the mainspring of our fraternity is service, the greatest opportunity is to serve and as we are serviceable we shall be useful to the world.

How would your friends and family describe you? Servant leader

Fun fact: My two favorite sports are water skiing and snow skiing.