Monday, December 5, 2016

College Panhellenic Academy Testimonials

With only a few spots left and only a couple months until the 2017 College Panhellenic Academy, some former attendees share why you should consider bringing your council and advisors to #Academy17.

Brittany Murray, Sigma Kappa, attended the inaugural College Panhellenic Academy in 2015 as the internal vice president for Indiana University Southeast. Here’s what she had to say about attending:

“I chose to go to College Panhellenic Academy because it was an opportunity that I and my fellow Panhellenic Council members did not want to miss. We were the first Panhellenic Council from Indiana University Southeast to attend, so it was an honor that we were able to go.

If you choose to attend, be sure to take notes -- and lots of them! When the weekend is over that’s all you have to rely on -- plus the friends/contacts you made on site. I realized that I did not take a ton of notes when I was there, so going back through and trying to remember specific details was tough.”

Saachi Gupta, Pi Beta Phi, attended Academy in 2016 as the University of Chicago College Panhellenic president. Here are Saachi’s thoughts on attending:

“I learned a significant amount about the resources available to me as a Panhellenic
president. Being aware of the resources that NPC provides proved invaluable during my term. Specifically, I was able to familiarize myself with the judicial process and implement what I learned on my campus.

When you’re on site, talk to everyone you meet! You may not think that your Panhellenic experience is similar to that of someone from another school, but every conversation is an opportunity to learn!”

Samantha Huffman, Alpha Chi Omega, attended the first ever public relations/communications track at College Panhellenic Academy 2016. She represented the University of Mount Union College Panhellenic. Here’s what she had to say about Academy:

“My favorite part of College Panhellenic Academy was not only meeting other public relations/communications officers from other campus, but also hearing the ideas that they have for marketing on their campus. By interacting with them, I was able to outline a plan/campaign for when I got back to my university. I loved being able to bond with my executive board, too. I learned how well we could work together, and I truly believe it has helped our success on our campus.

College Panhellenic Academy allowed me to develop an even larger passion for Panhellenic. Because of academy, I decided to run for Panhellenic president for the next term, and I found out last week that I got the position. Without College Panhellenic Academy, I would not have been able to bring back so many incredible ideas. I would not have been able to see how passionate I am about Panhellenic, and all that sorority life has to offer. In fact, I would not have believed in myself enough to apply for president.”